Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Panama-nah

It is our anniversary today, so it's only fitting that Mr Rabbit be on a plane to Panama. I'm down with it. We ate an incredible dinner the other night which involved squab 'and it's heart' and a single glass of champagne that will forever live on in my own squabbish heart as the glass of infinite cheerses. I wore red pants. It was magnifique. 3 years is leather. He gave me boots. I joked about gimp masks. Today he left at 6am, me with my boots, Kiki with mahna-mahna on youtube. It's hard to get into mahna-mahna at 6am when Mr Rabbit has just left. The house is blue. And those puppets are just so pink...

I think it's appropriate that Mr Rabbit be on the plane to Panama on our anniversary because it's freedom, and that's why I decided to get married to him, because life with him makes me freer. I wanted to catapult myself onto that freedom and ride on it for life. And three years on it's true, it has got freer. Yes, I may be home with my boots in the dark and mahna mahna, but I am utterly liberated and that is because of him. I don't want to get all sappy, but the day I married him, it was like being a vessel in a vast hall of light. I felt picked up. Just like the day we met. I never imagined getting married really, though I experimented with the idea plenty. Mainly the experimentation was with the idea of completely losing myself inside someone else and disappearing, utterly. This is the opposite of that. It's like standing up on top of someone else and then letting them stand up on top of you. You're separate, but you can get higher together. It's good. I am in love with it. I am in love with being married to him, just as much as I am in love with him. Sorry, that probably just made you vomit in your mouth a bit. But that's ok, it's love day. I love you Mr Rabbit. I hope you're having fun up in the clouds playing tetris and drinking scotch. Are you playing tetris? Or watching movies? Bit of both? Or is tetris boring without a challenger? Are you sleeping? I hope you didn't get any sickness. Will you bring us home hats?

 

2 comments: