Thursday, January 26, 2012

Australia?

Today is Australia Day.

I'm not really sure what that means.

To be honest it all makes me a little squirmy. I mean, a lot of innocent people were slaughtered, non? Patriotism in general makes me feel a little strange I must say, people flying flags out their cars, wearing t-shirts with their country on it. It's wrong and I don't really know why. Why does it feel so, I don't know - conservative? Militant. Thoughts of France's Front Nationale, scary Americans with flags in their windows, drunk Australians going crazy with zinc all over their faces, stubbies flying in a moshpit. 

Something aggressive about it all.

I don't like it. I never really did.

I'm staying in the back yard today with my sister and two babies. 

We'll have a People Day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment