Saturday, November 13, 2010

Paris Heartbreaker

It was years ago.

School was over, my visa running out, I had broken up with The Frenchman and was broke.  I was miserable.  So I rode my bike up the canal to the MK2 to watch Paris Je T'Aime with an almond Magnum and four carambars.  The short films were mostly boring and I fidgeted through the whole thing.  But I had nowhere better to be.  So I stayed.

Lucky.

Because this was the final film. 

Afterwards I sat on the canal and wailed for ten minutes.  It felt good.

Then I went home.


14e arrondissement (Paris, je t'aime) from trolleys on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. jayney, this was the only one i thought truly captured it, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had seen this some time ago, and forgotten how great it was. Thanks for posting and rekindling that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't it just superb? it kills me. oh carol, i know exactly what you mean. x

    ReplyDelete